I am a weeping child that’s gone astray,
Like a stray puppy, hungry nor, cold
Nor weak or angry but sullen and hopeless
With memories that pierces the heart
I, a princess, honored and respected
I, a daughter, Cherished and prized
Now in remains of faded beauty, devoid of honor, respect
I, a lover, blind and thoughtless, drowned in lust
I am a weeping child that’s choose my path, ignoring my rope of existence
For forewarned was I of him, yet caught in the webs of his exquisiteness I danced not glanced
For cautioned was I of him, yet his shade blinded my gaze and confined my reasons
I, a princess, honored and respected in pursuit of uncertainty is dishonored and disrespected
I, a daughter now in the winds, awaken not by crows of cocks or singing birds but by howls of packs,
I, ones a desired friend of all
But now even the rain, the streaking stream nor the morning sun befriends me
I am a weeping child that’s gone astray for ashes have I traded beauty,
Now old and feeble, sullied by scars
To whom shall I my tale tell?
To the lilies, the blossoming flowers of the day.
To who shall I my woes woo?
To the teenage in whose feeble hands the key to the future lain.
For they may hear and adhere, learn and discern
I a disciple of my instinct is failed perhaps left only, to render a meaning to you.
Obey them parent; honor them, the light that leads us.
Adeosun Olamide's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Greenness Instinct by Adeosun Olamide )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Cloud In Trousers - part I, Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayak ..
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson
- This year, maryline vautravers