Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva
These are ashes of treasures:
Of hurt and loss.
These are ashes in face of which
Granite is dross.
Dove, naked and brilliant,
It has no mate.
Over vanity that's great.
Time's menacing chalkmark,
Not to be overthrown.
Means God knocks at the door
-- Once the house has burned down!
Not choked yet by refuse,
Days' and dreams' conqueror.
Like a thunderbolt -- Spirit
Of early grey hair.
It's not you who've betrayed me
On the home front, years.
This grey is the triumph
Of immortal powers.
Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grey Hairs by Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Why Can't I Sleep, rty rty
- जेब्ला आं जिरायना थायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Once Upon A Time, Matthias Pantaleon
- Public opinion on peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- BEWILDERED CONFUSED, Michael P. Johnson
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya
- बहा आंनि मिनिनाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- A few, very few, too few..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Aching Bad, Michael P. McParland
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..