A prison can be lonely
with just four plain grey walls,
yet at times we all feel that way.
Trapped away from the world
we feel isolated
for some reason or another
with no escape
from the walls that surround us.
Our prison may not have bars,
but we still feel trapped within its grey walls,
hoping all the time
someone will pass by and set us free.
20 July 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grey Walls by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- Experiment life, gajanan mishra
- Socialism - Vs - Anti -socialism, ramesh rai
- Beauty Rarely, Casey Renee Kiser
- Smiles, Shawn Montgomery
- Red is hot, gajanan mishra
- Darker BLues, Charles Hice
- Everything extraordinary, gajanan mishra
- Without Tear, Neela Nath
- Dogs and cats, gajanan mishra
- Vicious circle, Jole Hans