I hear you lost control;
I'm ambivalent to your state:
If what they mean is self-control,
Hold on, don't abdicate.
Now you're with damage control;
A wreck from inner strife:
You also have motor control,
So move on with your life.
I hear you've issues with quality control;
And want exclusive rights:
Exclude me from your command control,
I'm not your copyright.
If you're caught-up in crowd control;
Can't find a safe way out:
Put yourself on flight control,
Then kick and scream and shout.
With Life there is no price control;
It's often on back order:
With Life you give and take control,
It's cheaper across the border.
So set yourself on cruise control;
Steer clear of power potholes:
Pass the Freaks who need control,
Those assholes backfill sinkholes.
Francie Lynch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ground Control by Francie Lynch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dead Veg, Richard Lee
- House of Cards, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Flying Turtles, Richard Lee
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- Pop goes the Easel, Richard Lee
- Word of mouth from the people of audacio.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- House Spiders, Judith Vollmer
- Divine Bird, Somanathan Iyer
- Concerns of a happy man, Chisomo Chris Nasiyaya
- Two Debates, Naveed Akram