A long, steep road- life time for some- and
tired I paused outside a shop selling wigs
I didn´t go in, but its owner came out, handed
for a beautiful hairpiece for frosty weather.
I looked ten years younger, ambled with firm
steps to the town´s plaza and seen by adoring
women, wore sunglasses to hide my celebrity.
A gust of wind my wig flew off, landed on top
of a street lamp its light came on even though
it was in the middle of the day and austerity.
A chorus of unseen singers sang: Baldy, baldy,
baldy, my vanity vanished as morning mist.
"Why are you bald? " six year old girl asked.
"I was a seal suffering from hydrophobia and
could not jump up in the air and look cute."
In a Chinese shop I bought a red hat, citizens
gaped at me with awe, and whispered is he our
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Habemus Papam by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Growth and Change, Victor Cruickshank
- A Class to Remember, Victor Cruickshank
- Dedication, Victor Cruickshank
- On his greatness, Laxman Rao
- Frankenstein, Victor Cruickshank
- Potry, John deVries
- COPLA 84 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Left Behind, D.L. Aceves
- Mother Nature, Victor Cruickshank
- Mature Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak