So many pomegranates in your clouds!
Lightning splits them,
My lips, Creator, savor your taste.
And you yourself went wandering
Through my soul, as the sun through a thick forest
Where no one walked before.
A bird is born in your own image,
Translates your silence
Into silent sounds.
All the trunks come together.
All the branches shut the windows.
You get lost in green flames,
In the thick forest, the most beautiful.
You get lost in a net of dew,
In the shadows when they run wild …
You get lost behind my vision,
And I shall show your way in images.
Abraham Sutzkever's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hail by Abraham Sutzkever )
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
- Dare to speak out loud, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- All Were You, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #06, Ronjoy Brahma
- Yadwigha, On A Red Couch, Among Lillies, Sylvia Plath
- Verbal Calisthenics, Sylvia Plath
- RESPECT ISN'T FOR BODY SIZE., Changez Ndzai
- The Goring, Sylvia Plath
- Words Heard, By Accident, Over The Phone, Sylvia Plath