So many pomegranates in your clouds!
Lightning splits them,
My lips, Creator, savor your taste.
And you yourself went wandering
Through my soul, as the sun through a thick forest
Where no one walked before.
A bird is born in your own image,
Translates your silence
Into silent sounds.
All the trunks come together.
All the branches shut the windows.
You get lost in green flames,
In the thick forest, the most beautiful.
You get lost in a net of dew,
In the shadows when they run wild …
You get lost behind my vision,
And I shall show your way in images.
Abraham Sutzkever's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hail by Abraham Sutzkever )
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
- Fobbed Off, Diane Hine
- The truth is, Brian Kilpatrick
- In our minds, Brian Kilpatrick
- Walls, arshad arshad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Problematic!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)