Hand Moves Slowly
I'm nondescript now but I hope that the woods can tell me
The pebbles all make sounds and I search for their maker
The streams follow through to lift the beats as I move on
But I cannot find the maker for where is he?
The birds are few and so in-between I can hardly see them
I finally reach the banks of a pagan river and sit on the raft
I remain seated waiting for my customer for I need the money!
When? I hope it doesn't get too long for we are all slaves of time.
I notice one approach me for a trip to where he does not tell me
We move as the river helps us in our journey that I cannot rightly call
He makes no sound and does not talk and I am on the rows,
The trip is over and he pays me and that's all I can ask for!
Ajay Seshadri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hand Moves Slowly by Ajay Seshadri )
- When Whispers Death, Its Cruel Call!, Dr John Celes
- mother, Dr. Ramesh Chandra Mukhopadh ..
- Say You It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burning, Spiritwind Wood
- Somebody Often Keeps Asking, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The devotee shows his angry to the God!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Love-bonding With a Muhammedan Girl (Bil.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mera Amanaat Hai Tum, Amitava Sur
- IN both terms, hasmukh amathalal
- Before The Bullets, Alfred Barna
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- O Tell Me The Truth About Love, WH Auden
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No More Clichés, Octavio Paz
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)