Hand Moves Slowly
I'm nondescript now but I hope that the woods can tell me
The pebbles all make sounds and I search for their maker
The streams follow through to lift the beats as I move on
But I cannot find the maker for where is he?
The birds are few and so in-between I can hardly see them
I finally reach the banks of a pagan river and sit on the raft
I remain seated waiting for my customer for I need the money!
When? I hope it doesn't get too long for we are all slaves of time.
I notice one approach me for a trip to where he does not tell me
We move as the river helps us in our journey that I cannot rightly call
He makes no sound and does not talk and I am on the rows,
The trip is over and he pays me and that's all I can ask for!
Ajay Seshadri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hand Moves Slowly by Ajay Seshadri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Why? Why? Why?, Praghyanjali Pal
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman
- O, God, Neela Nath
- The Seed of Greatness, Silas Egbowon
- Metamorphosis, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Scent of the Rain, Steven Rhoads
- Limits to Eternity, The Princess
- Reflecting Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What is love, gajanan mishra
- Women, Nassy Fesharaki