Today’s your birthday…
I never paid attention to your birthday before,
Never really cared,
It never really meant anything to me.
I never thought to call,
Never thought to send a card or present,
Never thought to visit and make memories that I could remember forever,
Never even knew it was your birthday.
I always knew you were there,
But didn’t think much else.
But today’s your birthday.
Now you’ve been gone for almost a year.
And each 365 days of this year.
I have thought of you,
Thought that if I could have just have 1 more day for you,
I would call,
I would send a present,
I would visit and make all the memories in the world,
I would count down the days till your birthday,
I would be with you, and realize,
You mean the world to me,
Always did, always will.
And without you,
So now I say for the first time…
Roxy Gonro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday by Roxy Gonro )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE فوق صخرة ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Today I Watched A fly, Kyle Schlicher
- Opportune Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak