Happy Birthday Melvina
For my great friend Melvina Germain
Some things remain constant
within our ever-changing world.
A friendship gained
will never ever change.
When I came to Poemhunter
at the request of an old school friend
to read the work of another friend of hers.
I came along and read
the writings of her friend
and slowly over time
the person I came along to read
became a good friend of mine.
Now here it is her birthday
and I would like everyone out there
to join with me
to wish this special lady
a very Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday Melvina
and may you have many more to come,
and with this Birthday wish
comes some big, big hugs and kisses
from your friends across the sea.
My only sadness is
I’m not there to give them to you personally.
However, if God is willing
one day I might get there.
Until that day comes along,
I’m sending these few words
along with love, hugs and kisses
just for you on your birthday.
Have a wonderful Birthday Mel
from your ever-grateful friend.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday Melvina by David Harris )
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
- Joy and peace, gajanan mishra
- Light, Suresh Dogra
- No purpose yet, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit of Clarity- Finally, Andy Caldwell
- Anticipation, Roann Mendriq
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Our Life and Four Seasons, Vasco M. Resendes
- The Unborn, Sharon Olds
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)