Happy Birthday Melvina
For my great friend Melvina Germain
Some things remain constant
within our ever-changing world.
A friendship gained
will never ever change.
When I came to Poemhunter
at the request of an old school friend
to read the work of another friend of hers.
I came along and read
the writings of her friend
and slowly over time
the person I came along to read
became a good friend of mine.
Now here it is her birthday
and I would like everyone out there
to join with me
to wish this special lady
a very Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday Melvina
and may you have many more to come,
and with this Birthday wish
comes some big, big hugs and kisses
from your friends across the sea.
My only sadness is
I’m not there to give them to you personally.
However, if God is willing
one day I might get there.
Until that day comes along,
I’m sending these few words
along with love, hugs and kisses
just for you on your birthday.
Have a wonderful Birthday Mel
from your ever-grateful friend.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday Melvina by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
- The Stars so Bright, Glenn Boeckx
- Catch the Moon, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- I Could Not Find My Way Free, Shalom Freedman
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
- Prison diary, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)