Donna Elouise James
Happy Birthday Mom
Whenever it comes to your birthday,
I remember you walking away,
No loving kiss goodbye,
Or an explanation why,
No turn of the head,
Or a single word said.
There are sixteen cards sitting in my drawer,
And this year they'll be one more,
I'll write out the card an cry,
Sealing it with a tear from my eye,
Each one is beautifully signed,
From the one you left behind,
Now seventeen cards read ' Mom I love you '
For evey year of pain you put me through.
Wherever you are.
Donna Elouise James's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday Mom by Donna Elouise James )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- A Daruman (He Is A Daruman, Sells Not, T.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Source of Revenue and Allocation, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I do Love You, Dechen Doma Sherpa
- Outcomes of Resolutions, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Nico's Request, Aiyabells 002
- On a condition..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Milk, Nassy Fesharaki
- Falling Fowards, Metaphorically Speaking
- Distance and time, Tom Squires