Happy Rita and Pleasant Bob
Rita with her happy smile,
wears stylish jewelry with lots of style.
Born in the windy city of Chicago in 1933,
Her father was a tenor in the Metropolitan Opera Company.
Rita received her teaching degree,
in Texas while her husband Bob was in the military.
Rita was also three years at the College of NYC,
she then had two children so she taught briefly.
Her graduation gown was her first maternity dress,
Her daughter gave them one grandchild they dearly cherish.
Long Island is where Rita and Bob where most of their married life,
They now live in Florida with the pelicans and sunshine.
Bob and Rita make their morning stop,
In Barnes and Noble café where they read and talk,
Talk to friends while lending a listening ear,
Rita is genuine, sweet and sincere.
So say hi, to the Rita and Bob when you are here.
Written by Suzae Chevalier on October 6,2011
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Rita and Pleasant Bob by Christina Sunrise )
- Organized supports is a prison., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- No more pregnancy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Grace Me, Michael McParland
- 168., John Westlake
- The Stuff We Are Made Of., Tony Adah
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)