Happy Rita and Pleasant Bob
Rita with her happy smile,
wears stylish jewelry with lots of style.
Born in the windy city of Chicago in 1933,
Her father was a tenor in the Metropolitan Opera Company.
Rita received her teaching degree,
in Texas while her husband Bob was in the military.
Rita was also three years at the College of NYC,
she then had two children so she taught briefly.
Her graduation gown was her first maternity dress,
Her daughter gave them one grandchild they dearly cherish.
Long Island is where Rita and Bob where most of their married life,
They now live in Florida with the pelicans and sunshine.
Bob and Rita make their morning stop,
In Barnes and Noble café where they read and talk,
Talk to friends while lending a listening ear,
Rita is genuine, sweet and sincere.
So say hi, to the Rita and Bob when you are here.
Written by Suzae Chevalier on October 6,2011
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Rita and Pleasant Bob by Christina Sunrise )
- Blame not the stars, gajanan mishra
- Emptyness, advija hrustic
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
- Dessert Deluge ..... [ 'just' DESSERTS,.., Bri Edwards
- Standard asset, gajanan mishra
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)