Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Happy Teachers' Day!
Next to my parents, you were great!
You are my special teacher dear;
You held my hand and cleaned my slate;
With words of love, erased my fear!
You taught me how to spell most words;
You showed me what is even, odd;
You made the pretty sounds of birds,
And showed me how to pray to God.
And when I entered college days,
You were my teacher dear and friend;
You gave me tasks and solving ways;
How well you tried to condescend!
I came to know this world through you;
You moulded strongly my pot-clay!
From depths of heart, with respect due,
I wish you ‘Happy Teachers' Day! '
To all teachers world-over: "Happy Teachers' Day! "
Copyright by Dr John Celes 5-09-2012
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.