Dr John Celes
Happy Teachers' Day!
Next to my parents, you were great!
You are my special teacher dear;
You held my hand and cleaned my slate;
With words of love, erased my fear!
You taught me how to spell most words;
You showed me what is even, odd;
You made the pretty sounds of birds,
And showed me how to pray to God.
And when I entered college days,
You were my teacher dear and friend;
You gave me tasks and solving ways;
How well you tried to condescend!
I came to know this world through you;
You moulded strongly my pot-clay!
From depths of heart, with respect due,
I wish you ‘Happy Teachers' Day! '
To all teachers world-over: "Happy Teachers' Day! "
Copyright by Dr John Celes 5-09-2012
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Happy Teachers' Day! by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Face in the Passing Train, David Lewis Paget
- Awareness of the Truth (Section 36 of Th.., rajendran muthiah
- The Poetic Art & Craft of O.N.Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- WISDOM, LOVE & TRUST, Tom Zart
- stillness and stomping lightly, Mandolyn ...
- Time And Season, Johnny Goyena
- Honesty, Tony Adah
- Child Of The Rainforest, Denis Martindale