Happy The Times Were
Happy the times were when we were free of our troubles
Happy the times were when we rode around in the car with the wind in our hair.
Dancing in the rain in the middle of the street
Running in the sprinklers at the football field at night
We were happy knowing that we weren't going anywhere
Who knew our fun would end sooner than we thought.
Winter came and all of our fun disappeared into the snow and dead leaves.
Happy the times were when everything was in our hands
But now things hang by a loose thread, not making any sense at all
Looking back at the small town with a couple of thousand to keep us company
Looking back as we drive away to the 'supposed' new great life
Happy the times were when we lived in the small town we loved so dear
Happy the times were when we had Sonora.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy The Times Were by kamilla davila )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- die paaie gaan joburg toe, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- I Have Been Called, Lilly Emery
- Smoke Without Fire, Ejalonibu Abraham
- Weeds and Blooms, Donal Mahoney
- <<<<Twist and turn, Abdul Wahab
- <<<<<my mother land, Abdul Wahab
- Smell of sweat, gajanan mishra
- << Potherb of love, Abdul Wahab
- Cats Like Denny, Dexsta Ray
- <<< I dare you all, Abdul Wahab