Happy Val(end) tine
Happy Valentine, I hope you choke on chocolate,
Happy Valentine, or of the nauseatingly romance in the air
This stomach-turning smell of red roses,
The desires in the night
Happy Valentine, will Amor’s arrow kill you?
Happy Valentine, I certainly wouldn’t mind it
The sexy lingerie you’ve bought, I hope it won’t fit,
And the candles, let them blaze!
Happy Valentine, why so happy Valentine?
Happy Valentine, you got beaten with clubs, stoned, and then beheaded
Valentines Day, you’re bloody awful!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
But I don't hate it! I just don't care really...
So we celebrate this guy, Saint Valentine. The prefect of Rome commanded him to be beaten with clubs, and afterwards, to be beheaded, which was executed on February 14, about the year 270. Nice, right?
(there are some different stories though..)
Enjoy YOUR day!
Comments about this poem (Happy Val(end) tine by Fie KroC )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Uncle Trevor's Justice to Travis, rohan bendre
- The Second Birth Of Tragedy, Leila Samarrai
- Y/.. A Restfull Mind, Aufie Zophy
- My bodyguard, Rob Spiering
- Green Shades Create a Meaning, Rohit Sapra
- Country Inn, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Mysterious guest., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- If You Could, Brian J. Stafford
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht
- The snow makes me happy., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..