Thomas Vaughan Jones
The sun shines down, the morning's fair,
till clouds come scudding by.
A whisper in the morning air,
a darkening in the sky.
The trees dance low and bow their heads
in supplicating plea,
and cattle take defensive stance
to bend the humble knee.
The wind beats air waves in the grass
and sweeps the dust in town.
The rain draws patterns on the glass
and cuts the flowers down.
Now lightning flash and thunderous roar
brings terror from the skies,
as Nature opens wide her maw
in demonic disguise.
The skies are black as darkest night,
while demons ride the gale.
Each flashing roar brings endless fright
and hearts and courage fail.
The storm is raging overhead,
while hurling Nature's blast.
and trembling creatures lie abed
until the rage is past.
When winds die down and skies are clear,
the air feels fresh and clean.
Earth wipes away the final tear,
and garbs afresh in green.
Thomas Vaughan Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Harbingers by Thomas Vaughan Jones )
- Angel's fear, gulsher JOHN
- when i loved you and you loved her and s.., Mandolyn ...
- LOve is replaced, hasmukh amathalal
- The lonely wolf, denise nixon
- He Sleeps Too Much, Jena Crowe
- Halloween Night, Neela Nath
- The Power Of Faith!, Tom Zart
- Desacralized..., Dorothy Kardas, Psy.D. Th.D.
- Pay attention, gajanan mishra
- The Sun Has Collapsed, Naveed Akram
Poem of the Day
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Ozymandias, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(20 August 1948)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)