Gabriel Gauci Maistre
He Never Left Us
What if I told you, that God never left your footsteps?
Even when you felt down low, even around your missteps.
God showed me a vision, and woke me from my sleep,
He showed me a man in a room, invisible and sweep,
But this man was only invisible up to his neck,
As I could see his face, but could not recognise him as I would check.
The man spoke to me and said, 'Can you see me? ',
He then went completely invisible, where I could no longer see his face,
And that is when I awoke from my sleep, and shouted, 'I can see you! '
This was because I could still see his shadow, and knew,
This man was still in that very room with me,
And although he was invisible, he was still there to a degree.
I was confused, I knew God sent this message but didn't know what it means,
So I asked God for knowledge, and this is where he explained my scenes,
God told me, that altough I may not see him in pure sight,
He is always walking by my side, in the day and even in the night.
Even though at times I felt things were getting tough,
And that the idea of God being by my side felt rough,
God assured me that he was always there by my side,
And that although I could not see him on my stride,
His shadow always followed me, kept me safe, loved me.
And it is no coincidence that God used a shadow to speak to me,
Because a shadow may be seen and its presence may be felt,
Which proves that God's presence may be smelt,
And even though the journey may get rough,
And following him may even get tough,
God promises us that he is by our sides,
And all we need to do is ask, and let him deal with the rides.
Gabriel Gauci Maistre's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (He Never Left Us by Gabriel Gauci Maistre )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(June 7, 1943)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Queen Patrenialla - Part 2 Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Mayling, Arno Le Roux
- Naming Our Wall, Arno Le Roux
- Oh Beautiful Arkansas, Dorsey Baker
- Those one thousand miles, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- New Amusement Park! EARTHUPERFUN, Mr. Nobody
- Queen Patrenialla - Part 2, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Queen Patrenialla The Story Poem, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- ET part 3, lee fones
- From Green To Gold, Rodrigo Diaz