Hearts First Word. II
And all her soft dark hair
Breathed for him like a prayer,
And her white lost face
Was prisoned to sonie far place.
Love was not denied-
Love's ends would hide,
And Hower and fruit and tree
Were under its sea.
Yea, its abundance knelt
Where the nerves felt
The springs of feeling flow
And made pain grow !
There seemed no root or sky,
But a pent infinity
Where apparitions dim
Sculptured each whim
In dame and wandering mist
Of kisses to be kist.
LADY, YOU ARE MY GOD
Lady, you are my God-
Lady, you are my Heaven.
If I am your God
Labour for your Heaven.
Lady, you are my God,
And shall not love win Heaven ?
If love made me God
Deeds must win my Heaven.
If my love made you God,
What more can 1 for Heaven ?
Isaac Rosenberg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hearts First Word. II by Isaac Rosenberg )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Andrea Vescovo
- I Love You Kira 6, Michael P. McParland
- sonnet 6: God of snow, Juwon Daniel
- Late Payment, Angela Wybrow
- Love versus Fear, Darian Kalamerd
- unforgettable summer nights, Juwon Daniel
- Wake up! ! !, ramesh rai
- Cinquante, Marilyn Jean
- Tears Of The Moon, val legend
- Tempered, Debra Cranford