Do not think that any person
has true understanding of death or Heaven -
do not believe Heaven is but an empty promise
of eternal luxury and ease.
Did not Jesus say
that the faithful servant
is given greater responsibilities?
I do not claim
to have any true insight into Heaven,
but I suspect
that there is far more to Heaven
than simply sitting around and singing.
After all, Heaven is not where we go to die,
it is where we go to truly live.
Zachary Zuccaro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heaven by Zachary Zuccaro )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare