“Heavens to Betsy''
“Heavens to Betsy”, has prompted this question
What about Betsy caused this expression?
How did she rate this “promised-land” present?
This gift from the Gods so particularly pleasant
The Gods didn’t choose Renee, Helen or Mary
Nor did they choose Jeannie, Ellen or Carey.
Could the roll of the dice of seven elevens
Be what gave Betsy the gift of the heavens?
Seven elevens, not lucky for most
Causes most gamblers to end up as toast
But some way or other, not clear to us mortals
Dice rolling Betsy streaked on through heavens’ portals
Stanley Cooper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (“Heavens to Betsy'' by Stanley Cooper )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wolf in the Heart, mazHur Butt
- I burped after I wrote this, Jena Crowe
- REMOVE Jefferson Carter, Richard Thripp
- Damned if I do damned if you don't, Mark Heathcote
- Black Gloves, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Even though late, hasmukh amathalal
- What a curtain Bisbee has, Amy Michelle Mosier
- The Shockers, Sandra Feldman
- Rather than talking to walls, Amy Michelle Mosier
- July 11,1991, Amy Michelle Mosier