“Heavens to Betsy''
“Heavens to Betsy”, has prompted this question
What about Betsy caused this expression?
How did she rate this “promised-land” present?
This gift from the Gods so particularly pleasant
The Gods didn’t choose Renee, Helen or Mary
Nor did they choose Jeannie, Ellen or Carey.
Could the roll of the dice of seven elevens
Be what gave Betsy the gift of the heavens?
Seven elevens, not lucky for most
Causes most gamblers to end up as toast
But some way or other, not clear to us mortals
Dice rolling Betsy streaked on through heavens’ portals
Stanley Cooper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (“Heavens to Betsy'' by Stanley Cooper )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- No Such Thing as Safe Sex, A.j. Binash
- i wonder what it smells like in your head, Mandolyn Davidson
- Hager Twin Jim & LEG-SHAVING MANIACS, Richard Thripp
- my pen bleedeth out for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Leta', Quenten McClellan
- My Anguish Heart, Lilly Emery
- The Vampires Of War, Osman Gani
- To Run From Fun, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- True Love?, Jesus James Llorico
- Email Hell, Death is Less Painful, LUVinThe NOW