that was her nickname.
A name she had obtained,
for all the colors she'd appreciate.
that was her calling
to come out in style to show the worlds vibrant.
they laughed at her colors
said she was different
not normal like others.
they took her as a joke.
Just a mere girl looking for attention you know?
lover of rain
not a care in the world of what other people say.
she started too change
The world saw her brightly
now shes all black and grey.
why goes this way.
We've all secretly loved you.
So why not stay the same!
you bring us joy
You shed light too our day.
So go back to your ways
we appreciate your love!
We see differently now
so stay who you are.
That's who I am.
A girl of 14
who is oddly at best.
Everyone calls me that.
I'm just a use for you all
, but i don't mind that.
A mirror image I am.
A reflection of colors
that most people don't understand.
you called my name?
Why hello I'm here.
To shed light to your day
Michelle Mawyin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hello, Rainbow! by Michelle Mawyin )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra
- Waiting, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak