that was her nickname.
A name she had obtained,
for all the colors she'd appreciate.
that was her calling
to come out in style to show the worlds vibrant.
they laughed at her colors
said she was different
not normal like others.
they took her as a joke.
Just a mere girl looking for attention you know?
lover of rain
not a care in the world of what other people say.
she started too change
The world saw her brightly
now shes all black and grey.
why goes this way.
We've all secretly loved you.
So why not stay the same!
you bring us joy
You shed light too our day.
So go back to your ways
we appreciate your love!
We see differently now
so stay who you are.
That's who I am.
A girl of 14
who is oddly at best.
Everyone calls me that.
I'm just a use for you all
, but i don't mind that.
A mirror image I am.
A reflection of colors
that most people don't understand.
you called my name?
Why hello I'm here.
To shed light to your day
Michelle Mawyin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hello, Rainbow! by Michelle Mawyin )
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
- He was a carpenter. He worked with wood., Royston Allen
- An Open Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.54, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.53, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.52, Monk E. Biz
- That Kid Is Me, Luis Estable
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.51, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)