Her Darkend Ally
She lost the comfort, now she’s cold
Where is the warmth of his arms?
She lost the beat she loved the most
Where is the sound of his heart?
She lost the reason for hers
Where is the joy of his smile?
She lost the time she felt her best
Where is the company of his love?
She lost the magic that made the world fade away
Where is the spell of his kisses?
Under his spell
Dancing to the beat
Filled with joy
Surrounded by warmth
He was the captor of her heart
But then she took another look…
…She’d lost him….
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Her Darkend Ally by Brandi Joyner )
- To Wait On A Woman, Randy McClave
- He says his heart is a broken wishbone, Mark Heathcote
- Dressed in russet monochromes, Mark Heathcote
- Thankful For You KP, Michael McParland
- My Baby She's Flying, Little Eagle McGowan
- Change with quality, hasmukh amathalal
- Alone, Emily Krauss
- Hope, Emily Krauss
- Behavior speaks, hasmukh amathalal
- Holding The Sunlight, Emily Krauss
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)