ivor .e hogg
Hi Mum I'M hungry
Hi Mum I’m hungry.
A ragged bunch of wayside weeds
which were handpicked with loving care.
Such small love tokens meet the needs
of loving mothers everywhere
A filthy dirty little boy
presents a posy: Its no ploy.
He simply wants his mum to know
deep down inside he loves her so.
She hasn’t got the heart to scold.
She sniffs, pretends she has a cold
So he won’t see the tears that start
she loves her son with all her heart.
Still she demands he go and wash
”And don’t forget your ears by Gosh”
An every day domestic scene
which makes a mum feel like a queen.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hi Mum I'M hungry by ivor .e hogg )
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
- Rain, Chad Seagraves
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)