I have played sad songs
And lively ones but none
can come up to the song
that pierces my heart
and make my days seem long.
Let me cry to fulfillment
I like to feel searing pain
from rejection that tears
my heart away from my soul
shatters the core of my being.
You are not real, I presume
my heart is not whole
my brain has stopped working
all have stopped functioning
since I lost memories of you.
Yes, I deny it - that you inhabit
the hidden recesses where
beauty and hope dwell
where the waves lap incessantly
and retreats placidly to shore.
You are a ghost fleeting
the story of my life retreats
when they encounter you
and my fingers are numb
from my incessant playing...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hidden Recesses by Doris Cornago )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Never feel shy, hasmukh amathalal
- I LOVE YOU, Now, Let's Take Out The I an.., LUVinThe NOW
- Keep faith, hasmukh amathalal
- open fire on me, Marco Angelo
- Fall on death, hasmukh amathalal
- BECAUSE OF YOU, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Not that heavy words...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The return of the sea's hero, Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..
- Why ash? ? ?, SALINI NAIR
- An Old Bench, David Harris