Hole in my heart
So lost in a sea of emotions
I don't know what to feel,
The pain lingers on
It goes from mental, to emotional,
To permanent physical pain.
I hate that I have to live like this,
When you're living like nothing ever happened.
Am I ghost that you pass by without a care?
Am I just a plain mystery to your unwanted history?
Or am I just another stupid chapter in your book of life?
Don't deny me as a person
Cause I know I was more.
Wasn't I the one that you once adored?
But was I really?
Did you even mean it when you said that you loved me?
Or did you only say it because you had no other choice?
I am convinced
That you only said what you had to say.
You lied through your teeth and it took me this long to see.
Don't expect an acceptance to your lame apology.
You can say your meaning-less sorry's
All that pleases you.
But it won't help heal the hole in my heart.
Nor shall it heal the pain you caused.
You may not see the scars and pieces,
But I assure you
It is far worst than the damage you see on my body.
But don't you worry,
These scars will heal, Through time.
But its the hole in my heart that will probably never heal.
Scarlette Romero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hole in my heart by Scarlette Romero )
- My Son Ali, kassem oude
- Hit Music, Michael McParland
- Mind, Soul and Spirit, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Drivers lessons, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I love you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- love, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Under the stairs., Harold R Hunt Sr
- On my shoulder, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Out of the mouth of babies., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Chand Khoya He Badlo Mein, Hwa Khamoshi .., Yashvardhan Goel
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)