Hole in my heart
So lost in a sea of emotions
I don't know what to feel,
The pain lingers on
It goes from mental, to emotional,
To permanent physical pain.
I hate that I have to live like this,
When you're living like nothing ever happened.
Am I ghost that you pass by without a care?
Am I just a plain mystery to your unwanted history?
Or am I just another stupid chapter in your book of life?
Don't deny me as a person
Cause I know I was more.
Wasn't I the one that you once adored?
But was I really?
Did you even mean it when you said that you loved me?
Or did you only say it because you had no other choice?
I am convinced
That you only said what you had to say.
You lied through your teeth and it took me this long to see.
Don't expect an acceptance to your lame apology.
You can say your meaning-less sorry's
All that pleases you.
But it won't help heal the hole in my heart.
Nor shall it heal the pain you caused.
You may not see the scars and pieces,
But I assure you
It is far worst than the damage you see on my body.
But don't you worry,
These scars will heal, Through time.
But its the hole in my heart that will probably never heal.
Scarlette Romero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hole in my heart by Scarlette Romero )
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)