What do you want to bring
the house is getting cold,
last night, felt like I was
going to expire...
that's what I need, some
and I want to smell
fill in the space,
with whatever you like,
cause i dreamt last night,
that the dark haired girl I met,
lapsed into gobbledygook
or a serious tone of Hebrew,
like last rites,
I was partly scared...
won't someone say a prayer
for the soul I received
is hard to bear,
we don't have those anymore,
like where have you been?
the industry wants to succeed,
but the coffee I drank earlier,
started freaking me to no end,
failure, freak, wanting everything
the way you see it, to work for you,
then I vapourised, until there was
little left, a film of conscience
just the big spike of where I've
been, or not, I haven't done enough,
for I cling to things secretly,
and don't they know it...
I am dead already, there is nothing,
while rolling what's left of my love out...
here it is, I used to be scared,
so I scared myself ten thousand times a day,
what is anxiety?
fear of drying up, fear of dying,
your honour, I'm always guilty of you! !
and I need to collect it, I need much more,
to succeed somehow!
guilt, show me a way to get through the
world without it...
as some will even defy themselves,
just to be to our picture wall traitors!
we live off, the screwed upness of it,
and yet show me someone
truly looking for the almighty antidote,
surely people can already see through
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Holy Smoke! by GRANT FRASER )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Emmanuel George Cefai
(12th March 1955)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Russell Edson
(22 March 1941 -)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- shape shift this, my fearless phantom, Mandolyn ...
- Dear Dad ..... [a PARODY; HUMOR; SHORT; .., Bri Edwards
- Just Sex..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Woman And Time..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Firmament, Margaret Ann Newcomb
- Petits morceaux, Lubinda Lubinda
- For Edgar Allan Poe With All Gratitude..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It Takes Tears to..., Rodney R. Cooper
- It Takes Tears, Rodney R. Cooper