This havoc is destroying my days
as torrents of strife erode
all hope from my soul.
I scream in silence
and weep at its echo
while I rage in vain.
I search both the heavens
and the depths
for the illumination of hope
only to find darkness
enveloping my horizon
and shadows of what was
from my yesterday.
The winds that once billowed my sails
toward the calmer seas
now betray me with iniquity
as they force me toward
this maelstrom of damnation.
I threw my anchor of prayer
only to loose it to the waves
with no absolution found
to steady my course.
Through this endless barrage
I barter my strength for sanity
most often just loosing both
to the turbulence of the tides.
I once sailed life's sea on hope
now I'm sinking to the depths
of its hopelessness
with no lifeboat in sight.
© Joey Jones 3/2013
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hopelessness by Joey Jones )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- You delight my life, Amitie Abedi
- i need an aneurysm when i'm next to you, Mandolyn Davidson
- WITHIN MY HEART, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Secret Of The Angels, David Harris
- Differences of Opinion, Sandra Feldman
- Quarrelsome Man, Syed Ahmed Shah
- 'you belong to the sea', Mandolyn Davidson
- i'd offer you a drink, but all i have ar.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Prime Truth - 25, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 24, Pranab K. Chakraborty