How much do i love you?
How deep my love for you? - Vast oceans deep
Man could not forge a craft to plumb its depths.
How strong my love for you? - T'woulld make men weep
To test its strength and see their strength bereft.
How pure my love for you? - Pure as the snow
Purer in its innocence than you could ever know.
How long my love for you? - Eternity
Beyond the end of time my love remains
How fresh my love for you? - Modernity
A freshness that no flower on Earth attains.
How rich my love for you? - Richer than gold
Pure gold untarnished, never growing old.
Deep, strong and pure my love dear, is sublime
Long, fresh and rich my love, you love entwines.
This love poem is in pseudo- sonnet form. It is in iambic pentameter (5 x 2 = 10 syllables in a line) and an a b a b c c rhyming pattern. It has flow I hope you all enjoy it!
(John Knight - September 2009) .
John Knight's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How much do i love you? by John Knight )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane
- Devil Tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- My Translations!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- It's an illusion, Gopikrishnan Nair