I Am A Princess
I often read this 'once upon a time'
was then, I dream of my own fairy tale.
I frequently fantasize anything
escaping the reality of life.
On illusion that like a princess,
I could widely smile.
If only I don't live in lies.
But in every princess destined to have bad witches
So am I,
wicked by eyes to shed tears
cursed to cry.
I believe in my self, no one does.
It's like soaring up high to collect stars
and the brightest one push me back.
Then, you're onto rescue,
you catch me from falling
my knight in shining armor
the damsel in distress regains hope
but lose it again when you disappear.
My fairy Godmother didn't freeze the time
nor use her wand to control you from vanishing
and the magic of love has no use at all.
I believe in fairy tales,
but mine will be just a myth,
I do believe, I am a princess,
Yet no palace.
No prince Charming.
No 'happily ever after ending'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am A Princess by resley dela )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman