I Am A Princess
I often read this 'once upon a time'
was then, I dream of my own fairy tale.
I frequently fantasize anything
escaping the reality of life.
On illusion that like a princess,
I could widely smile.
If only I don't live in lies.
But in every princess destined to have bad witches
So am I,
wicked by eyes to shed tears
cursed to cry.
I believe in my self, no one does.
It's like soaring up high to collect stars
and the brightest one push me back.
Then, you're onto rescue,
you catch me from falling
my knight in shining armor
the damsel in distress regains hope
but lose it again when you disappear.
My fairy Godmother didn't freeze the time
nor use her wand to control you from vanishing
and the magic of love has no use at all.
I believe in fairy tales,
but mine will be just a myth,
I do believe, I am a princess,
Yet no palace.
No prince Charming.
No 'happily ever after ending'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am A Princess by resley dela )
- Out There, Fatima Nusairat
- Immortal world, gajanan mishra
- Soulful smile, ramesh rai
- Perfection, Donnie Wolff
- Defiled, gajanan mishra
- Be It Trivial And Mundane, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Every creature, gajanan mishra
- How Juice From Fruit Is Produced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Once Indifference Is Shown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- empty without you, Liss March
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns