I Am Addressing You
Today after a long time,
I address you,
What for? I don’t know.
What should I say? I don’t know.
A thought sojourned into my mind,
Just in the darkness,
A ray of light,
A beam of moon-glow,
Descended upon the mind;
A desire awoke!
Just the heart pretended to recall you!
To pass by,
To touch fragrance,
To come across the glow-worms,
To embrace the sunlight in winter,
In the palaces of mind to go beyond all limits.
You are fragrance,
An enchanting gust of wind,
Dew, a closing line of a sonnet,
The subject matter of poesy,
A thought of Rumi,
A verse of Sufi,
An image of Hussain,
A line of Sahar,
An expression of uniqueness,
Disposition of Ishrat,
You are, you are; only you are,
I am addressing you!
I aspire that you nestle in my heart
In such a way,
As breeze descends upon the wings of butterflies,
You should wait for me as some damsel waits for the return of her lover,
Standing in the opening of a house,
Made of boats on some distant beach.
Written by Jagdish Prakash
Translated by Muhammad Shanazar
Muhammad Shanazar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Addressing You by Muhammad Shanazar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Missing You Now, Nida Sofi