I am Trayvon Martin (Justice Is Never Irrelevant)
I am Trayvon Martin
Yo soy Trayvon Martin
Je suis Trayvon Martin
Mwen se Trauvon Martin
For a long time and even now,
Is never irrelevant to us.
Very often, we wonder how
Come we are always
The victims, the culprits,
The ones who get dumped in the pits
In the shallow graves.
We get killed by being in the wrong place
At the wrong time.
We get mace on our face
For no reasons.
A horrendous crime
Is being perpetrated this season
By the namby pamby warden,
Who should be in jail, in prison.
This is high treason
For not respecting valor,
No one cheers,
Show up at the door
Of the poor
Because the injustice
Is blatantly obvious.
This is somewhat peculiar.
The skin color
Of the Scholar
Is the matter.
The brother and the sister
Finally got a job,
But when the stock broker
Can no longer rob
The poor clients;
The brother and the sister,
Who were last hired,
Are the first saints
To be fired.
Our offspring is profiled
From the crib;
Our progenitor is defiled
Anon, at the bottom of the crypt.
Is never irrelevant to us.
Copyright© March,2012, Hebert Logerie, All Rights Reserved
Hébert Logerie is the author of several poetry books:
‘Etincelles de l'Amour', ‘Monts et Vallées de l'Amour',
‘Sparkles of Love' and ‘Mounts and Valleys of Love'
https: //www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.aspx? bookid=58359
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am Trayvon Martin (Justice Is Never Irrelevant) by Hebert Logerie )
- 동탄(동탄) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《동탄(동탄) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 진주 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●진주 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- games, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 진주 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙진주 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 진주 ANMA¿０１０¿５９３３¿０４３７¿진주 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 진주 ANMA MASSAJE 010 ５９４６ ０３７７진주(진주) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 진주(진주) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《진주(진주) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 광주 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●광주 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- My Fun Loving Friends, Ivan Christabel Prashant
- 광주(광주) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘광주 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Success After Falls, Varun Silva
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
- Garrett Westcott
(3rd April 19sixty)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)