I choose to be the best
There were two promises
One to me and the other to you
First, to become the best
Second, to be the best for you.
Throughout this journey
You held me tighter
Than any problem did.
Your faith in me, your love
Your being by my side
The only prayer I now plead.
When the days went dark
You lit yourself
To light my ways.
When the light blazed my eyes
You pulled the curtains
To maintain my pace.
I've crossed all hurdles
Gripping your arms.
Defeated my nightmares
Kneeling to your charm.
We've reached here baby
The castle of my dream
We won my battle
We're here in my dream!
Please dont walk away
Accusing me, it was just my dream
I want to be here
But without you, nothing means.
Though it was you
With who I ran this race
You're still that someone
I'ld die to get
But here choosing between my promises
I'ld choose to be the best.
Jaya Mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I choose to be the best by Jaya Mishra )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- All for You, Muhammad Sarim Ashrafi
- Would you be my Muse?, maryline vautravers
- You don't deserve a title, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Don't wait, Marina Olivera Sangers
- I am an eagle, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Exactly what I am looking for, Diamond The Ninja
- You're the one with issues, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Words, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Am I Asking Too Much, GJG Elton
- Perfection, Marina Olivera Sangers