I choose to be the best
There were two promises
One to me and the other to you
First, to become the best
Second, to be the best for you.
Throughout this journey
You held me tighter
Than any problem did.
Your faith in me, your love
Your being by my side
The only prayer I now plead.
When the days went dark
You lit yourself
To light my ways.
When the light blazed my eyes
You pulled the curtains
To maintain my pace.
I've crossed all hurdles
Gripping your arms.
Defeated my nightmares
Kneeling to your charm.
We've reached here baby
The castle of my dream
We won my battle
We're here in my dream!
Please dont walk away
Accusing me, it was just my dream
I want to be here
But without you, nothing means.
Though it was you
With who I ran this race
You're still that someone
I'ld die to get
But here choosing between my promises
I'ld choose to be the best.
Jaya Mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I choose to be the best by Jaya Mishra )
- Hurting 2, Michael McParland
- Pen it down, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Mountain Parkway, Stacy L. Mar
- Alabama Truck Stops, Stacy L. Mar
- Of Supernovas and Starfire, Stacy L. Mar
- Of You, Who Do Not Know Me, Stacy L. Mar
- The Wind Blowing Backwards, Stacy L. Mar
- Metrazol, Luke J. Holt
- Sliding Into Old Shoes, Stacy L. Mar
- Like Fallen Gods, Stacy L. Mar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns