Sometimes when I'm alone
Cause I am on my own.
The tears I cry are bitter and warm.
They flow with life but take no form
I Cry because my heart is torn.
I find it difficult to carry on.
If I had an ear to confiding,
I would cry among my treasured friend,
but who do you know that stops that long,
to help another carry on.
The world moves fast and it would rather pass by.
Than to stop and see what makes one cry,
so painful and sad.
and no one cares about why
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I cry by Funmbi Aransiola )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(14 October 1888 – 9 January 1923)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(23 January 1861 - 2 Apirl 1931)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- To Have And To Hold, Michael P. McParland
- thousands of dreams and a lost love, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Time, Michael P. McParland
- Merry Christmas, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Diversity, hafiz qasim
- my Poetry, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Thought About You, Michael P. McParland
- The World, Michael P. McParland
- The Wind, Michael P. McParland
- Maker of Sensibilities, hafiz qasim