I dont belive in hope anymore...
people say 'hope is everything! ' but its not,
hope is away of grabbing someone and using it against them,
Just like you did, i trusted you.
I told you my dreams, my life story, my hopes.
and you turned against me.
When i flapped my wings you're like a child, likes to take things apart
with you're hands, I tryed to get free, but you're hands would'nt let go.
ripping up my hopes and dreams of my wings i fall to the ground,
i raised my hands with my wings drip with blood and i cryed 'why? '
but you never answered, you walked away and left me in a cold dark room, surrounded but blood and tears i swallowed myself whole.
in guilt, in fear and in no hope.
So when people ask me 'what is you're hope for the future? '
i say this under a black Veil of self pitty
'I DONT BELIVE IN HOPE ANYMORE..............'
Nicole Baker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I dont belive in hope anymore... by Nicole Baker )
- After the Ice Storm, Deborah Eker
- extremely, lee fones
- Confessions of a Cat Lover, Deborah Eker
- Amelia, My Brother's Cat, Deborah Eker
- First Trimester, Donal Mahoney
- erotic terminology, lee fones
- The place of defeat, Terry Mitchison
- Father: Every Morning of His Life, Donal Mahoney
- Winter here الشتاء هنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Inference to All Our Years of Walk, N.K. Trevor
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Dis poetry, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(15 April 1958)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)