I fear for her
that she'll take the labels at face value
and base her life around them.
I fear for him
that he won't realize what he's doing to her
until it's too late.
I fear for them
that the truth of what they have will come crashing down on them
and only one will get back up.
I fear for us
that I'll be wrong, jumping at misconceptions,
it'll be over before it began.
I fear for me
that I'll be right
and I won't be able to catch her when she falls.
I fear for her
that her spirit's been locked by her heart
and her heart has lost the key.
I fear for love
Cary Kelly's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Fear by Cary Kelly )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(c. 600 BCE)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- ~I Choose the Mountain~, howard simon
- The Late Gift, Martin Swords
- Mother To Son, Mankhokwe Namusanya
Poem of the Day
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Cooling Water, Vera Sidhwa
- May I be allowed, gajanan mishra
- The Green Days, Nhuan LeXuan