I Feel Life Is Like A Battle
Never done anybody harm yet can't seem to do no good
Is there one who understand me, why am I misunderstood?
At parties and get togethers I always feel out of place
Get the strangest sort of feeling that mine's not a welcome face.
I feel life is like a battle, it's a battle every day
Just to keep myself from going mad, has it got to be this way?
Feel the tension in me rising, the frustration grow and grow
Feel the anger boil and bubble, one day it may overflow.
I have problems in the workplace, I have problems in the home
Try to put the blame on others but the blame is all my own,
I can't put the blame on others for the blackness in my soul
But the light will shine much brighter when I leave the darkened hole.
In this gloomy soul tomorrow a bright light may glow and shine
And one day I too will be happy, happiness will be all mine
Melancholia like a virus to some people come and go
And if we never knew dejection, happiness we could not know.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Feel Life Is Like A Battle by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- THAT UGLY GENOCIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Parallel Cathedral, Tom Sleigh
- Pleasant fruit, gajanan mishra
- Prime Truth - 28, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Offer, claudia Battams
- Down Side Stream, George Egba
- Start fighting, gajanan mishra
- The Palentine Plight! ! !, Samudeen M.A. Ilimu
- Sky for Stained Bandages, Fritz Ward
- Ice-house, gajanan mishra