@ I Found It So
I found it so, on the edge of time
From the fluttering wing of an unknown
Bird. After a day’s work, after a long sleep.
It fell from a cloud, created on a magician’s stick
When doves brought it in, in yellow napkin.
From dust, from the leafy tree, a leaf,
Where I saw Indus was flowing, on a revolving
Earth, of snow, mud and water. From Google.
I saw tributaries and found my home very near
The Eiffel tower, in Asia. Or the Forbidden City in China.
It was beneath the mud, where children play
Football bare feet and where famine rules worse
Than a dictator; begging a militia for a lease
Of life: dear, thirsty and hungry, dying
On the desert sands and their carcasses hanging on
To cactuses. It let me grow, look upon
Ladyfingers being cooked in kitchens, fried in oil
And men harboring demonic weapons
On streets writing with blood and piercing with
Bullets. An African queen had matriarchal airs,
An Asian girl had a man’s name, hiding behind
As if, wearing moustache and a beard is a protection.
We will win by culture, intellect and recall
A distant heritage and plunge into the future.
We still were measuring the breath and length
Of time. We were walking after having taken
Frothy mugs of coffee. We were thinking
That one day the seven fixed stars would move around
Quacking like ducklings and the moon drowned in a sea.
-To Jackie Allen –On my finding a post card ‘Long Silence’ having a haunting view of Victoria Street, Dundee, South Africa, on Google.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Boat at Mari Indus: by Randall Law @ Panoramio
Mari is an historic ruin in Mianwali District, Punjab, Pakistan.
Comments about this poem (@ I Found It So by Sadiqullah Khan )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge