I'll Live On
For you I tried my best to be
The Very best that I could be.
But you turned out to be a fool
A fool that abided by no rule.
You said you wanted me to be there
But then you turned your back so bare
And left me here on my own
To face the day all alone.
You changed so much in just one week
Now I know the truth - you creep!
I'm so glad that I found out now
Still, I gave you my best royal row.
So now you are banished from my life
I no longer desire to be your wife,
It is all over, you are gone
But as for me, well I'll live on.
(C) Victoria Elizabeth Hughes 2005
Victoria Hughes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'll Live On by Victoria Hughes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- sunglasses and cheap gum, Jena Crowe
- Timeless Poems, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Lost in Heartbreak, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- A Cup of Coffee, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Shiny Stars, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Your beating heart, Diana Rosser
- To Like Is Not to Love, Sandra Feldman
- Byrne-Milliron at dusk, Jeffrey Tillery
- longest ever tattoo (unfinished), lee fones
- Together..... My Love And I, Lora Colon