I'll Live On
For you I tried my best to be
The Very best that I could be.
But you turned out to be a fool
A fool that abided by no rule.
You said you wanted me to be there
But then you turned your back so bare
And left me here on my own
To face the day all alone.
You changed so much in just one week
Now I know the truth - you creep!
I'm so glad that I found out now
Still, I gave you my best royal row.
So now you are banished from my life
I no longer desire to be your wife,
It is all over, you are gone
But as for me, well I'll live on.
(C) Victoria Elizabeth Hughes 2005
Victoria Hughes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'll Live On by Victoria Hughes )
- Underpants, Phil Soar
- fastest ever runner, lee fones
- Vespers, Naveed Khalid
- A Walk In The Twilight, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Morning, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love, Naveed Khalid
- Puppetry, Naveed Khalid
- The Nebbish's Flash of Insight, Lawrence Beck
- Incorporeal, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAI.., MOHAMMAD SKATI