I'll Live On
For you I tried my best to be
The Very best that I could be.
But you turned out to be a fool
A fool that abided by no rule.
You said you wanted me to be there
But then you turned your back so bare
And left me here on my own
To face the day all alone.
You changed so much in just one week
Now I know the truth - you creep!
I'm so glad that I found out now
Still, I gave you my best royal row.
So now you are banished from my life
I no longer desire to be your wife,
It is all over, you are gone
But as for me, well I'll live on.
(C) Victoria Elizabeth Hughes 2005
Victoria Hughes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'll Live On by Victoria Hughes )
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)