I'm One of Those Writers Who Doesn't Know How To Spell
I’m one of those writers who doesn’t know how to spell.
One of those sunglassed men – so cool – who can’t stop shaking.
One of those beauties with a smiling face,
When a dropp of opera and a few waves of coffee,
Bring me near my dreams.
Hope is brought on by negative circumstances:
Something that didn’t happen.
Relaxation is found in t.v.,
Where everything is a count-down to oblivion.
Now I’m waiting for my lovely dad to come home,
He has some preparing of vegetables to do.
I’ll make sure he won’t notice I was crying,
Or atleast I was trying to.
Copyright Mark Pollins 2007
Mark Pollins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm One of Those Writers Who Doesn't Know How To Spell by Mark Pollins )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Civilian and Soldier, Wole Soyinka
- Name Change Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Thinking Of You, Michael P. McParland
- These Walls, Michael P. McParland
- The Sweetest Girl, Michael P. McParland
- With hosttile, hasmukh amathalal
- The alluring juxtaposition of class, bea.., Stanley Collymore
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..