I Never Promised You A Rose Garden
Let us look into that,
Yes, I will dear,
You know that our best friend must be near.
They say diamonds are a girls best friend,
If this is true,
Why are they measured in carrots then too.
Diamonds come in different shapes and colors, and styles
I asked her, 'I wouldn't just one do? '
She said, ' If you love, you will buy the best! '
I smiled and that is what I did, you know the rest!
Now, since I have bought my intended the diamond,
We no longer eat steak,
I'm on a diet of green on my plate.
The only thing I have of color,
Are my carrots,
And if I complain,
I quickly learned that all words are the same.
Words come in bunches,
So do carrots,
Now, if I mind my peas and q's
And do upset her,
I will be able to afford another type of dinner.
However, all that I have learn from this is,
Please allow your plate to full of good old carrots.
Nadalia Bagratuni's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Never Promised You A Rose Garden by Nadalia Bagratuni )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Adazeh Ador-Ishama's Horn, Tony Adah
- Stop and Think, Lylo Benant
- sticky love fest...messed me up good, Mandolyn ...
- Take a Picture, Katelin Taylor
- The New Life: Fifth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- Again Daddy Again, Tammy Ashton
- Winter flower, ramesh rai
- Silence In The Interrogation Room, Kyle Schlicher
- On Not Needing People, Kyle Schlicher
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher