I Stand By The Edge
I am standing at the gate.
I am lost to my fate.
The leaves are shredded.
The roots are dead.
The tree cannot see.
The bark I have to rake.
The pale to my face.
Shines with the moon.
My color displays to be fake.
What I have to take.
Equals the hurt in my disgrace.
I plunder into the darkness.
Black is my light.
Darkness becomes bright.
Stranded by the broken door.
I have no key.
None to nothing.
I am owned by the hole.
I have lost my soul.
Discount I will not receive.
To what I have sold.
The seed was planted.
Deep is my shallow.
Inside my grave.
I am screaming.
Do you hear my hallow.
Dust is what I swallow.
Inside the depths of my hollow.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Stand By The Edge by Unic Cjonr )
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)