I Stand By The Edge
I am standing at the gate.
I am lost to my fate.
The leaves are shredded.
The roots are dead.
The tree cannot see.
The bark I have to rake.
The pale to my face.
Shines with the moon.
My color displays to be fake.
What I have to take.
Equals the hurt in my disgrace.
I plunder into the darkness.
Black is my light.
Darkness becomes bright.
Stranded by the broken door.
I have no key.
None to nothing.
I am owned by the hole.
I have lost my soul.
Discount I will not receive.
To what I have sold.
The seed was planted.
Deep is my shallow.
Inside my grave.
I am screaming.
Do you hear my hallow.
Dust is what I swallow.
Inside the depths of my hollow.
Unic Cjonr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Stand By The Edge by Unic Cjonr )
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
- It Hurts When Your're Letting Go, Marvin Tordillos
- Where Is The Faith Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Were Never A No, Susan Lacovara
- Making change, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)