I Trusted You...
Sometimes I just wish I could close my eyes;
And to never open them.
I wish that I could reset time and fix all of my mistakes,
Searching for the right one to share my heart with.
I look to see where I went wrong...
When to say 'I love you' or when to say: I do.
I think of you by by night thinking of the joyful heart:
I once loved...
But something happened- Something went...wrong.
What happened to your joyful heart...mind...and soul..?
Why did you say you loved me:
When I knew all along...?
I gave you my whole entire heart for you to take care of...
But I must have got you all wrong from the start...
Guess you never loved me.
Never wanted me to forget that part...
Monica Rose's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Trusted You... by Monica Rose )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Rita Dove
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Richard Doe, Adeosun Olamide
- The Most Important Part, Loyd C. Taylor
- Separate Paths, Lora Colon
- Dream Actualizers, Saiom Shriver
- Promise Me! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Those Who Long For Death, Saiom Shriver
- Babe, Saiom Shriver
- Twelve Christmas Angels, Loyd C. Taylor