I WAS HIT BY A CAR
I was hit by a car, I was completely numb,
I was hit by a car, I was stunned.
I was completely hollow,
I felt nothing inside, I was completely shallow.
I had no feeling, I could not speak,
I was frozen in time, like a mountain peak.
I could not even cry,
that's how I felt that day,
everything passed before me, like leaves falling away.
Like the spring wind that is bitter sweet,
this memory I forever will keep.
How sad I truly was for I could not cry,
I don't know why, I don't know why.
I was hit by a car just a few minutes before,
it was like a dagger it tore and tore,
into my soul it would leave a scar,
I had just been hit by a car it had run over my thumb.
I was hit by a car, I was completely numb.
Written by Suzae Chevalier on August 9,2011
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I WAS HIT BY A CAR by Suzae Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 154. The Path Of Life, John Westlake
- OUR FALLEN LEAVES اوراقنا المتساقطة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Language, Our Friend, Sandra Feldman
- there's a pretty plum sky and then there.., Mandolyn ...
- Revealed, John Onyeme
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI