If I Can Read The Bird-
Under this stately bright festival-
Of your memories, awake with moon,
When hustle of days are silenced-
In your august arrival, spotless with night!
And my dormant beats in awe!
Runs through this immortal line-
With resilient chirping, around
Pacify! Sleep in rejoice away from pain!
I travel, with this wave rising-
Upon my heart; if I can read
The bird, disappearing into crystal fountain
His faith to eternity; upon stormy ride!
Slow and opaque, night pass by-
Sleeplessly, at this invitation of lamps,
For morning brings my dreams, wide awake
To see you smile, with delighted drops!
Deb Panda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This was written, when I did not sleep on 15th...a beautiful starry sky that day, far visible lamps of life...and my endless struggle to hold to my beats...
Comments about this poem (If I Can Read The Bird- by Deb Panda )
- Distant Whirring, Curtlan Popo
- A Challenge Title Contest - 2014's Oct N.., Brian Johnston
- Intuitively Wondering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- No Other Presence, Hannah Bryson Price
- Transcendent Evolution, Curtlan Popo
- Stress = God Is In Control, Tom Zart
- Another Crossroads, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am remembering that day, gajanan mishra
- Climbing A Mountain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- First Love At First Sight, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Question, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)