If I Can Read The Bird-
Under this stately bright festival-
Of your memories, awake with moon,
When hustle of days are silenced-
In your august arrival, spotless with night!
And my dormant beats in awe!
Runs through this immortal line-
With resilient chirping, around
Pacify! Sleep in rejoice away from pain!
I travel, with this wave rising-
Upon my heart; if I can read
The bird, disappearing into crystal fountain
His faith to eternity; upon stormy ride!
Slow and opaque, night pass by-
Sleeplessly, at this invitation of lamps,
For morning brings my dreams, wide awake
To see you smile, with delighted drops!
Deb Panda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This was written, when I did not sleep on 15th...a beautiful starry sky that day, far visible lamps of life...and my endless struggle to hold to my beats...
Comments about this poem (If I Can Read The Bird- by Deb Panda )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Precisely In Love, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Small Investors Naive Get Burned, Terence G. Craddock
- Ssshhh-e Does It!, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Oh Death, Tony Adah
- François de la Rochefoucauld, tal vez, Richard Thripp
- Defining poetry, Saurav Karki
- I just had a Birthday, Jena Crowe
- Wolf in the Heart, mazHur Butt
- I burped after I wrote this, Jena Crowe
- REMOVE Jefferson Carter, Richard Thripp