If I Could
If I found a frozen river it could one day set me free,
To glide this one-way ribbon till I reached the far off sea.
If I could walk the silvered road leading too fullest moon,
I’d harvest all the stardust of which that path is strewn.
If I could live just one more life besides this one I live,
I am not sure that there’s much more I would find to give.
If I could repay kindness from no matter where it came,
Make those that gave it happy, to let them feel the same.
If I could stop the killing, and put an end to no win wars,
Make all people realize there's no more mine and yours.
If I could control weather so we all shared sun and rain,
No more need for famine as we all shared all the grain.
If I could delete words that stir such as black and white,
We’d all get on together and respect we both are right.
If I could still be on this earth when all this comes about,
A perfect life I would have lived, of this there is no doubt.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If I Could by Rod Morris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Outer Limits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Keep simply cool, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -31, Ronjoy Brahma
- Folds Of Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma
- this is for you, dipstick, Mandolyn Davidson