If I Could
If I found a frozen river it could one day set me free,
To glide this one-way ribbon till I reached the far off sea.
If I could walk the silvered road leading too fullest moon,
I’d harvest all the stardust of which that path is strewn.
If I could live just one more life besides this one I live,
I am not sure that there’s much more I would find to give.
If I could repay kindness from no matter where it came,
Make those that gave it happy, to let them feel the same.
If I could stop the killing, and put an end to no win wars,
Make all people realize there's no more mine and yours.
If I could control weather so we all shared sun and rain,
No more need for famine as we all shared all the grain.
If I could delete words that stir such as black and white,
We’d all get on together and respect we both are right.
If I could still be on this earth when all this comes about,
A perfect life I would have lived, of this there is no doubt.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If I Could by Rod Morris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- تقدموا, سميح القاسم
- Fearless, Omar Eldamsheety
- Unintentional Existence: Repository Citr.., Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Friendzone (Rap song), Clint Kingham
- The Marché Aux Puces And The Jardin Des .., William Daryl Hine
- The Lake, William Daryl Hine
- The Copper Beech, William Daryl Hine
- On This Rock, William Daryl Hine
- Last Words, William Daryl Hine
- Echo, William Daryl Hine