If I were a Tree
If I were a tree,
and someone made a swing on me,
I would enjoy their laughter.
I’d be big and strong
and help the day move along,
I would help the people breathe fresh air.
Birds could build their nests in my branches,
my leaves would be green and healthy.
Birds could lay their eggs
and new life would begin.
When the autumn came by
my leaves would turn to gold.
One by one my leaves,
would full to the ground.
I would stand there bare,
fast asleep just waiting,
for spring to come and start again.
If I were a tree.
Pamela lutwyche's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If I were a Tree by Pamela lutwyche )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Lost, Yasin Engno
- THE PRETTY SUN, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- March against austerity, Bob Johnson
- To remain peaceful, hasmukh amathalal
- Broken, Yasin Engno
- Of War and Peace, Shruti Goswami
- Realizations of a whore, Shruti Goswami
- Promises, Shruti Goswami
- Wonders Of Wondering, david kush
- Tabatha Khumalo, Bob Johnson