Whispers Of Night
if you had told me that stars are twinkling to make me smile,
probably, I'd have had doubts in my mind;
if you had told me that the earth would cease its existence
once with the rapid blink of my eyes,
I would have not totally believed it.
if the waves of the sea hadn't stroken the sandy shores
how would have people known that in its depthness treasures are hidden?
if a romantic song had been brought to an end,
wouldn't have another voice hesitated to bring it back to us anew?
if the scarlet curtains of an old theater had been let down,
and the performers had been redrawed beneath the ragged veils of
dust and smoke..and oh! tell me, my beloved,
wouldn't they have been the following day ready for representation?
if dreams had suddenly been collapsed into oblivion
wouldn't have had a blue butterly stretching its wings
for the first time capable of forsaking them all?
if love had been born from Aphrodite's tear,
lost into the sparkling depthness of a restless sea,
wouldn't it have kept in the purity of its essence,
the blinding brilliance of the celestial fire given by Prometheus to
if love had been a temple,
wouldn't all mortals have brought sacrifices inside it?
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If love.. by Whispers Of Night )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace
- Down with poverty, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Conversations With A Friend, Richard Allen Beevor