IF SHE COULD GIVE ME WINGS
If she could give me wings to fly away,
Which direction should I fly?
She would see me flying above ground zero in New York
The light still shine on Ground zero
Ground zero you taunt me
It still feels like the world was lost
If she had a place for me to go and rest
If she gave me a computer how much time would I spent on it?
If you could communicate in Portuguese what could you say to me?
It is no need to communicate in Portuguese because I speak English Like you do
And it is good enough
Aldo Kraas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IF SHE COULD GIVE ME WINGS by Aldo Kraas )
- Troubles ahead, gajanan mishra
- I Need You, Diana Rose
- Farewell Mama, akachukwu chukwuemeka ( akab ..
- Love, Akhil Zoomin
- Accident and Emergency Unit, akachukwu chukwuemeka ( akab ..
- Long Lost Love, Marites C. Cayetano
- Likes, Holly Moon
- Living, Holly Moon
- Limerick-45, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- My Periphery, Holly Moon
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- November, Thomas Hood
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns