If You Could Feel My Words
If you could feel my words they'd touch you softly,
Like my hand grazing your cheek, warming your heart,
And sending you comfort and peace.
If you could hear my fingers tapping nimbly
Over my keyboard they'd be a love song,
A soft whisper chanting my soul's mantra,
Quietly calling your name.
If I could make love to you with pen and paper
You'd feel my thoughts as intensely
As they pour from my mind.
My fingers strumming over the keys
Would be caresses gliding over your skin,
A kiss on your sweet lips,
On your neck a gentle bite.
If I could make you love me with a poem
My phrases would wrap around you like
Silk metaphors tickling your senses.
The stanzas binding your heart to mine
As rhymes charm and seduce you into submission.
Our days would be a jaunty limerick
And our nights a passionate ballad.
If only you could feel my words.
susan brealey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If You Could Feel My Words by susan brealey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola
- The bondage, hasmukh amathalal
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal