At me, you stand there and snigger,
But when you are a little bit bigger,
You may well start to realise,
That not everybody has perfect eyes.
So, one of my eyes is pretty ‘lazy’,
But it really does drive me crazy,
When you look and point in my direction,
And laugh out loud at my imperfection.
To me, the problem isn’t that new,
But it obviously is to all of you!
In your lives, I can see there’s no place
For what you see as an imperfect face.
I don’t much care for the way you act,
And you certainly don’t have very much tact.
Another thing which I can detect,
Is that, for others, you have very little respect.
At me, you decided to have a poke,
Then laugh as if I had told you a joke.
As part of a gang, you feel you have guts,
But, on your own, I bet you’d keep your mouth shut.
When you’re a parent, it will make you wild,
If somebody laughed at your imperfect child.
So, one of my eyes is imperfect. Wow! Big deal!
My advice is to you is, ‘go get a life and go get real.’
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Imperfect by Angela Wybrow )
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Barren Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Big Pharma, michael walkerjohn
- Finding Gold, douglas scotney
- My Thirst, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns