At me, you stand there and snigger,
But when you are a little bit bigger,
You may well start to realise,
That not everybody has perfect eyes.
So, one of my eyes is pretty ‘lazy’,
But it really does drive me crazy,
When you look and point in my direction,
And laugh out loud at my imperfection.
To me, the problem isn’t that new,
But it obviously is to all of you!
In your lives, I can see there’s no place
For what you see as an imperfect face.
I don’t much care for the way you act,
And you certainly don’t have very much tact.
Another thing which I can detect,
Is that, for others, you have very little respect.
At me, you decided to have a poke,
Then laugh as if I had told you a joke.
As part of a gang, you feel you have guts,
But, on your own, I bet you’d keep your mouth shut.
When you’re a parent, it will make you wild,
If somebody laughed at your imperfect child.
So, one of my eyes is imperfect. Wow! Big deal!
My advice is to you is, ‘go get a life and go get real.’
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Imperfect by Angela Wybrow )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 March 1922 - 21 October 1969)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 February 1900 – 11 April 1977)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Teach them to love, Lubinda Lubinda
- Beyond The Ordinary, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the comical dilemma with commas, Bull Hawking
- Hitler: A Life Immersed in Hypocrisy, Paul Hartal
- Creative Interests, RoseAnn V. Shawiak