I will not ask
for an apology.
started too early.
The dust had
settled on the lens.
Not real pearls.
Your words do not
convey the thought.
There was a
long distance –
between your lips
and my self-immolation.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IMPLOSION by Satish Verma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(22 March 1941 -)
(28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Television, Roald Dahl
Poem of the Day
- I will turn my eyes from you, Nero CaroZiv
- In Concert Tonight, Donal Mahoney
- January 1st,2015, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- One Needs The Other, Kyle Schlicher
- Escaping The World, silenced work
- Lonely, silenced work
- Agnostic Afloat, Donal Mahoney
- Unharmed Pinecones, Saiom Shriver
- Goodluck Jonathan, Okoemu Barnabas